TRY needs more active members
Lots of people in Yackandandah support TRY in many different ways. And there is lots to do with so many exciting projects rolling out. TRY needs people who can lend their skills and time.
Does this mean you have to come to meetings? No!
Just contact us on our website or Facebook – Totally Renewable Yackandandah to let us know that you are happy to help when needed. TRY will contact you when we need people to do things like letter box drops, setting up information stalls, writing submissions for grants, taking photos, editing content, designing posters, organising fund raising events and so on.
You can also lend TRY a hand, and help to develop our Community energy by:
- Talking to your friends and neighbours about TRY and encouraging them to lend a hand too. Perhaps you can organise a neighbourhood pot luck dinner or wine tasting to raise some TRY money.
- Supporting our fund raising events – look out for details in Yackity Yack and on our website. Bring along a friend.
- Giving your Yackandandah Foodworks Community Points to TRY.
- Making a donation to our Perpetual Energy Fund:
- Account name: Totally Renewable Yackandandah
- Account BSB: 640 000
- Account #: 603364516 (The last three digits become S16 for Hume Account holders)
Any fundraising donation will be a gift that keeps on giving perpetually. Community Groups, such as the Footy and Netball Club, who receive loans will repay TRY’s contribution through their energy savings and this money will go into TRY’s Perpetual Energy Fund. In turn, other community groups will be able to borrow money, interest free, from this perpetual fund. They can then use their energy savings to repay the loan, just like Yack Health did.
Please pass this on to your networks and ask them to join you in making a donation. A portion of an average tax return would go a long way towards a solar panel for our hospital.
Let’s act together to achieve a sustainable future for our community!